Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Weird birthday

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Well, we here in my home region have been sheltering in place for three weeks now to help lower spread of COVID-19. So I celebrated my birthday in a very 2020 way - with lots of lovely video greetings/video chat from friends and family, a walk by the water, a big curbside pickup of snacks from the local vegan market, and (surprise!) lots of chilling around the apartment.

It was a bit of a gloomy day, weather-wise, but before the rain hit, I got to walk by the beautiful estuary of my home with my dear one, listening to the water, feeling the fresh air, smelling trees and earth for a change. If you have been inside too, do turn on your volume for the video above.

My sweet, sweet mom overnighted me a "birthday in a box" - homemade brownies, birthday candles, party hats, streamers, balloons. I had scheduled the day off from work, so my girlfriend and I were able to give full attention to the task of putting up the decorations with some dancey music on.

Since we were without party guests, at her suggestion many of the inanimate objects around the apartment are currently wearing party hats: the guitar, the teapot, the alarm clock, the bicycle, the spaghetti squashes...I feel a bit like a child having a tea party with an assemblage of stuffed animals. But not in a bad way.

Untitled
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment