Sunday, July 5, 2020

Gratitudes & things that are making me happy

Untitled

• Long solitary walks on mild evenings

The Law of Return, by Alice Bloch

• The neighborhood cats - pictured above is Ted, a deeply kind, wise soul whose trust I have been rewarded with thanks to many visits. (Licorice is one of his friends.)

• One day a week in the office

• Having a respectful employer who keeps a safe workplace

• Taking on new, bigger responsibilities at work (which made me stressed, worried, and irritable for the couple weeks leading up, and now is making me feel more engaged and capable)

• Reading the dreams I wrote down in March, when I challenged myself to record all my dreams for the month

• The bravery of women who say what they think and think for themselves

• A very small translation task to re-awaken my German

• The very concise daily newsletter of world events that I  have been receiving for a few years by email, and how much one can learn from doing a little bit of reading consistently

• Goddess melons

• Holly trees

• Continued CSA adventures - learning, for example, a couple things I like that I can do with cabbage (something I have never before purchased in my life)

• The scent of walking into the shade of six enormous magnolia trees

• The scent of star jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment