Saturday, August 29, 2020

Point & shoot photo album: July 2020

Untitled 

  My mother took me paddleboarding on the bay as a belated birthday gift. 

Untitled

Untitled

And she also gave me my first wrapped present of the year. (Of course, given the times, the rest of my birthday gifts came by mail directly from the manufacturers.)

Untitled

A small but treasured garden near my work.

Untitled

Some nice signs that appeared in my neighborhood ahead of Independence Day. I don't know if they stopped anyone, as we still had fireworks galore around us, but I appreciate them anyways. The one above inspired my girlfriend to make the one below.

Untitled Untitled

Luscious pink hydrangea giant.

Untitled

Does anyone know what this fruit is?

Untitled

Gigantic magnolia blossoms - heavenly to me.

Untitled

Twilight walks.

Untitled

And morning walks, with admiration for these glories.

Untitled

The seeds of a yellow watermelon I ate look like this.

Untitled

Lovely cat neighbors.

Untitled Untitled

Asian pears growing in the neighborhood - among so many other fruits. Persimmons, apricots, artichokes, grapes...!

Untitled

There was a third cat who ducked away when I approached with my camera.

Untitled

My CSA has been showering me with heirloom tomatoes. Here: Purple Cherokees and Solar Flares.

Untitled

So: fresh incredible tomatoes (can't remember if this was a Purple Cherokee or an Early Girl) with salt, and nectarines, both raw off the cutting board.

Untitled

Neighbor kitty. Margo.

Untitled

Gorgeous skies. Afternoon walks too.

Untitled

Glassblower's mural.

Untitled

Summer evening vibes, shadows, light.

Untitled Untitled

Cape gooseberries. So cute! And interesting taste.

Untitled

Overflowing bougaivillea.

Untitled

The nectaplum. Incomparable.

Untitled

Then for my mother's birthday, I baked this cake to eat outside, socially distanced, with her and my girlfriend, graced also by the company of such trees as below.

Untitled Untitled

Shishitos.

Untitled

My first hike alone, ever.

Untitled

There was a lot of climbing, and a lot of view (and wind) to enjoy.

Untitled

Potatoes for breakfast.

Untitled

And the other neighbor cat (or kitten, really)! Asoka.

(I lost track of time, and now it's almost time for the August p&s photo album!)

No comments:

Post a Comment