Friday, November 27, 2020

Bread victory

Well! I've finally caught up with the 2020 homemade bread trend.

I've made yeast bread before, but only a few times, quite a long time ago, and with my mom.

With everyone taking up bread-baking this year, even my little sister (who never bakes) tested out a recipe that she proclaimed "idiot-proof" and encouraged me this week to try. I went for it on Wednesday. 

After all the Great British Bake Off that I've watched in recent months, bread seemed very intimidating and fiddly. But this turned out just fine - and was a pleasant process. And I remembered more than I thought I would from my few bread experiences with my mom. 

So that's a nice reminder for me to do homemade things, even if I think the result will be mediocre (though really, how bad can a loaf of gluten taste?). 

Non-aesthetic photo:

Untitled

(My girlfriend just leaned over and asked, "What are you blogging about? Am I in it?" She suggests that I might include a bread testimonial from her.)

"I think it's grand!"
- my girlfriend

2 comments:

  1. Your loaf does look grand!! I love the color/shape! There's something so cozy/comforting about baking a loaf of bread. I can definitely see why it's caught on this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just pulled my third batch out of the oven a few minutes ago. :) I think you're right...as something I saw today say, it's like a hug in food form, which is what we all need this year.

      (Although I also like my college best friend's theory that it makes us all feel connected to our ancestors who survived plagues.)

      Delete