Saturday, May 3, 2008

The 123rd page meme

Tagged by Q.

The Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4.Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you've posted your three sentences

I picked up the Iliad, by Homer, trans. by Robert Fagles. Landed in the infamous catalog of ships - bad luck. And it was such a loong passage. So then I chose the next nearest, Reading Lolita in Tehran, by Azar Nafisi (one of my favorites, an excellent book about books).

"After the trial, Nassrin asked permission to continue attending my classes whenever she could. Mahtab told me that Nassrin was her neighbor. She belonged to a Muslim organization but was a very interesting kid, and Mahtab was working on her--an expression the leftists used to describe someone they were trying to recruit."

Five people...meh. I'll tag Sarah Louise and Taiger.

2 comments:

  1. Of course it was a long passage! They didn't believe in periods back then. And it's a poem.

    ReplyDelete