Thursday, May 1, 2008

Book-loving ain't for the faint of heart

Wildwood Dancing was due at the library yesterday. I'm on page 292, and I'm seriously sucked in now. The two options which would spare me further fines:

- finishing it today before the library closes
- turning it into today and checking it out again tomorrow

I haven't got the free time for the first, but there's no way I'm letting it out of my hands for a whole twenty-four hours. Sigh. Twenty or thirty cents in fines, however, I think I can endure for this book.

Sometime I would like to jot a list of the things we MOLDy types suffer for our books...there would be a number of far more interesting things on that list, I'm sure. Submissions? ;)

9 comments:

  1. Forgetting important instructions just because you happened to be reading at the time and not really listening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not blame you. Twenty or thirty cents is nothing. ;)

    MOLDy types. *laughing* That's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was young, my mom asked an acquaintance on the phone to hold on. She proceeded to shout, "[my name], put DOWN that book and go outside and PLAY!"

    Her friend laughed and said, "DO you know how many mothers would kill to say that?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe. Yeah, it's not much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had Wildwood dancing one hold at my library for almost a month now! I am going INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. Isn't it strange? Heaven for us in inconceivable to so many others.

    But that's what I do so often. I fail to renew/return my books, because I haven't finished reading them, and there's no way I'm going to put them down. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you for a meme. Do it if you want to, when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have the option of renewing the book? Or is it on a waiting list?

    ReplyDelete