Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cupcakes!

(Scroll down for English!)

Anscheinend sind Cupcakes momentan extrem trendig. Warum, weiss ich nicht, aber aus diesem Grund ist eine ganze Cupcakekultur aufgekommen, mit einer Menge Cupcakewebseiten, und die gefallen mir zwar sehr. (I empfehle Cupcakes Take the Cake, The Cupcake Review, and How To Eat a Cupcake, wo man für das nächste Rezept wählen kann, die er will, dass sie probiert)

Also, sie haben mich angeregt, ein cooles Cupcakerezept auszuprobieren - ich habe Minz-Schokochip Cupcakes gemacht, hurra! Ich habe dieses Rezept benützt, ohne den Zuckerguss zu machen - habe sie sondern nur mit Andes Pfefferminze gestreuet. Sie haben mir nicht schlecht geschmeckt, aber zum nächsten Mal würde ich sie irgendwie mit mehr Schokolade drin machen, denn meiner Meinung nach sollten sie stärker nach Schokolade schmecken.

Apparently, cupcakes are extremely trendy at the moment. Why I do not know, but for this reason an entire cupcake culture has sprung up, with a ton of cupcake websites, and them I do like a lot. (I recommend Cupcakes Take the Cake, The Cupcake Review, and How To Eat a Cupcake, where you can vote for the next recipe you want her to try.)

So, they inspired me to try a cool cupcake recipe out - I made mint chocolate chip cupcakes, hurrah! I used this recipe without making the frosting - just sprinkled them with Andes mints instead. They didn't taste bad, but next time I would make them with more chocolate in them somehow, because in my opinion they should taste more strongly of chocolate.

eta: I tried this recipe later with 1/2 t salt or so and 1/2 T more cocoa, and the cupcakes were notably better.




[Why is this in German?]

7 comments:

  1. yay for cupcakes! ah, i wish i love cooking or baking, these ones look really good. i love mint chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those look absolutely delicious. Care to send me one or two? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. odessa - Hit me up next time you're on my side of town. ;)

    ani - I'll whip up a new batch tonight and have yours in the mail in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh thats lucky! I got a gift card for a bookstore near me and I think I might use it to buy Jenna Fox. But at the same time I want wait to buy Breaking Dawn with it. Ekk! There are to many good books to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I made them I think I just used plain milk. Try adding another ounce of unsweetened chocolate. That would probably do the trick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i made these months ago from the exact same recipe & i agree- yummy but not chocolatey enough! mine were possibly a bit overcooked too though.

    ReplyDelete