Monday, September 29, 2008

Musickal cupcakes

The inspiration:
So I was driving with my friend, and talking about how I wanted to make another batch of cupcakes when she said I should make up a cupcake and name it after her (her surname is, believe it or not, Musick). So she told me some of her favorite flavors, and I did just that.

May I present - vanilla chocolate chip with peanut butter cinnamon frosting, ordinary in appearance but lovely to the taste buds - the musickal cupcake!

(Click for big)

The recipe:
I used Amy Sedaris's recipe, adding maybe 3/4 C chocolate chips to a 1/3 batch. For the frosting, I basically just mixed creamy peanut butter, confectioner's sugar, milk, butter, and cinnamon together until it was a smooth, spreadable consistency and tasted like something I'd want on top of a cupcake.

The verdict:
I thought it was good, but it got higher praise than any of the other cupakes I've made here at school, including several "orgasmics" and one "a piece of heaven." And they were gone within fifteen minutes. So there. :)

What I'd do differently next time:
Nothing! Huzzah!

P.S. I've made three kinds of cupcakes between this cupcake post and the last, but now that I don't have a camera I'm prone to forget the photographic documentation part. The Lost Cupcakes are: peanut butter chocolate chip cupcakes, raspberry-peanut butter cupcakes with white chocolate ganache, and raspberry-chocolate cupcakes with mocha frosting.

13 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you and your cupcakes! I had an idea for you to try: Rocky road cupcakes.

    Interpret that how you will. I expect a picture if you decide to pursue this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I may have to take you up on that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also: I think I forgot to tell you that I tagged you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, good, I just wasn't sure and as I checked the comments on the last few posts and didn't find anything... My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cuileann, its past midnight here and i'm craving cupcakes! hehe. that looks really good! i mean, "orgasmic" and "a piece of heaven", what can top that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mocha Frosting!!!!!!!! SHAAAAAARRRRRE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Let's just pretend I'm not supposed to be off the internet right now)

    Will you share the raspberry chocolate recipe? It sounds like something TG would love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delightful! It must be fun coming up with your own flavors for cupcakes! I think I’m going to have to try it some time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late-night cupcake cravings? I only wish I could send you one by e-mail, Odessa!

    Somnite - Haha! Would that be a "share the cupcakes" or "share photos and recipe"?

    Nerd Goddess - *whisper* Certainly!

    It is a blast, Ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So all your cupcakes look good. But I think I'm going to have to bake these ones. I"m salivating over the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they look and sound yummy! i think i might try to make some tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang it. Now I want some.

    ReplyDelete