Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Announcing this week's flavors of awesome

Fresh Christmas lights in our room

Reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland aloud with my roomie at bedtime. From an awesome 1933 edition I just got for seven dollars, too. [ I hold that reading aloud is one of the great simple pleasures in life.]

The prospect of seeing Jason Mraz perform on Saturday FOR FREE

Glowing hermit crabs

Biscuits for breakfast in the dining hall

The word "textrovert." I kind of think I might be one.

Wallace and Gromit as fashion models

Gigantic apples that make me feel like a child when I have to hold them with both hands as I eat them

Practicing my French pronunciation with my suitemate by reading scenes from Cyrano de Bergerac. I think our interpretations are quite inspired, especially considering that only one of us has the slightest idea (and it is slight) what we're actually saying

Starting to look ahead to my semester in Germany! It's more than a year away, but beginning to plan makes it feel much more real. Eee!

My professor telling me that I would have been ready to take a semester at a German university midway through freshman year. Blush and double happy, man, seriously.

The awesome bloggers I've "run into" and started to connect with over the last few weeks

12 comments:

  1. That glowing hermit crab is all sorts of awesome. I kind of want one. And I'm most definitely a textrovert... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a knack for languages. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're going to germany? oh, i'm jealous already. that's really something to look forward to for the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, have I told you lately how much I love your blog? And you, for that matter? I adore all things Wallace and Gromit, so thanks for passing that along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh, so jealous that you're going to germany... i've been twice and i plan to go again one day. i was close to fluent the second time i went over, now i think i've lost quite a bit of the language due to not practising :( my uni doesn't offer german as a subject, which sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww i sure do hope i'm one of the awesome ones! ;]

    a semester in germany? that is fabulous! i'm excited for you!

    those cupcakes up top look so yummy, but they are too cute to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Textrovert- I am SOOOO one! I wonder if there's an internet equivalent? I am always afraid that when I meet internet friends in real life that they will be disappointed! I'm full of beans online, but in reality I'm pretty shy until I get to know people. And I talk really fast when I'm nervous! Maybe I'll blog about that. Hmm. Anywho, my god, The Boy with the Coin- It's true love. I seriously listened to it about 60 times on repeat lastnight (I do this, when I fall hard for a song!) I have downloaded a few of their other ones too but haven't had much of a chance to hear them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cassandra - I know, I really want one too.

    Q - I realized that "after first semester freshman year" sounded sort of like I meant after one semester of German. That was actually my four and a half years of German, so it's not so impressive as it may have sounded....Just to clarify. ;)

    Gretchen, you're so nice. You kind of made my evening. :)

    Gem - Another Germanophile? Hurrah! That's so cool that you've been over there twice! I do hope you get a chance to revive your language skillz...getting out of practice is a tragical thing, although of course it always comes back a hundred times faster than you learned it.

    mermaid - No, sorry; I've put you on the "unawesome new blogger friends" list...
    ;)

    Em - I completely relate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I was wondering if maybe your suite-mate is fluent in French and just pretended to not understand in order to make you feel better? It is possible after all...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I AM SO A TEXTROVERT

    ...concur?

    ReplyDelete
  11. sui - concur. although you're not super-filtered face-to-face either, are you?

    ReplyDelete