Saturday, January 24, 2009

Best of 2008

Admittedly rather belated, but then again so am I, habitually. Without ado, the best books that I read in 2008. [Click for Good Reads page.]
  1. The History of Love, by Nicole Krauss [adult, realistic]
  2. The Bearskinner, by Laura Amy Schlitz [picture book]
  3. Wasted, by Marya Hornbacher [memoir]
  4. Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City, by Kirsten Miller [young adult, adventure]
  5. The Perilous Gard, by Elizabeth Marie Pope [young adult, historical/fantasy]
  6. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie [young adult, realistic]
  7. God's Silence, by Franz Wright [poetry]
  8. Coraline, by Neil Gaiman [middle-grade, fantasy/horror]
  9. Looking for Alaska, by John Green [young adult, realistic]
  10. Anne of the Island, by L.M. Montgomery [young adult?, realistic]
  11. Song of the Sparrow, by Lisa Ann Sandell [young adult, verse, historical/fantasy]
  12. The Wednesday Wars, by Gary D. Schmidt [middle-grade, realistic/historical]

10 comments:

  1. Oh, and I participated in your survey. I think your blog is perfect the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, The Wednesday Wars...I read that while taking a Shakespeare class :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I've only read several of these...2, 4, 8, 12.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't read many of these but i think i shall have to check them out.. except for anne at the island, i have an irrational hatred for anne of green gables, ugh. i loved looking for alaska though!

    i actually popped over cos i saw your comment on liv's book review @ scribbles.. saving francesca is my favourite book in the whole world, i love it so much. you have very good taste, & must get your hands on a copy of jellicoe road asap, it is amazing!

    wow holy long comment. to end, i guess i shall just say HI & expect a few more comments from me soon, i plan to go through your blog when i have a bit of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Maya! :) Re: Wordpress blog, sometimes I just have to throw things out when I get tired of them.

    Edge - Yes! I remember you saying that; it made me wish I'd read more of the plays that he read.

    Amanda - Another Marchetta fan, hurrah! Thanks for stopping by. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read something by John Green. I just got Paper Towns, but I don't know when I'll have time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your list! I'm reading Infidel at the moment. We'll have to meet when you get back San Fran. The question is... Will you? ;P

    ReplyDelete