Saturday, December 6, 2008

Prologue

Here are the pertinent facts:

• I look at the world in a very Romantic way.
• As a consequence, I have mad wanderlust, especially when it comes to Celtic or northern places.
• The past eight months or so have seen me reach — that doesn't mean "stay constantly at," mind you — the unhappiest I can recall being.
• Iceland is ordinarily one of the most expensive countries in the world to visit.
• Iceland literally went bankrupt in October.
• Consequentially, one U.S. dollar is now worth about twice as many Iceland krónur as it was earlier this year.

9 comments:

  1. I never new these facts about Iceland. I hope things stabilize for them.

    And for you, I don't like to think of you as unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this format and i can't wait to hear/see more about iceland. i too have mad wanderlust, as you might imagine, but being here for so long is curing me of it a bit :)

    would love if you'd link to my new blog. it's just secret from people i know...
    (heartshapedmorning.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be something about Shan-fans. 1, 2, and 3 apply to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucks for Iceland, but yay for you!
    (And I, as well, suffer from 1, 2, and 3.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. We are all romantics. But cuillean, I feel sad that you, who give others joy, have been unhappy. I hope for better-ness for you.

    I always look at your big photo here and think I've been there before.... I wonder where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes to mad wanderlust! your spontaneous trip to iceland inspired me to plan something next year. can't wait to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear your travel stories!

    And I hope that the next eight months (and beyond) are happier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, all, for your good wishes. :)

    Edge, Erin, AND Gretchen? Well, whatever is going around, it's stupid.

    Beth - The photo in the banner is from the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.

    Odessa - Oh, I'm excited to hear what your cool plans are...

    ReplyDelete