Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This week's flavors of happiness



The two-month-old Goldendoodle puppy that I watch a few times a week. We love each other a lot.

How the sheets at the foot of my bed are warm for my toes when my cat's been sleeping there.

The satisfying hissing sound that stir-frying vegetables make as you push them around the pan.

Creating good routines for myself and settling into them.

IM-facilitated cultural exchange with my little Aussie bloggy sister...

Who also happens to be my birthday twin, and our birthday is this coming Monday, did you know?

The last German class of this quarter. Three people pulled out bottles of wine to share, and we watched a depressing short film. Yay!

This Edith Piaf song. Edith Piaf makes the best music for the Sunday morning drive to church with my family.

When you vacuum and can actually see dust bunnies vanishing or hear pieces of dirt rattling up the tube.

Plotting criminal activity with Cassandra.

A third-grade girl referring to me and herself as "two happy women."

18 comments:

  1. Awwwww, the puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Goldendoodle desperately. And an English mastiff. I shall have both when I am the rich and famous reclusive author living in a cabin in the woods that I plan to be. The Goldendoodle will be Henri and the English mastiff Matilda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those things made me smile reading them, because I could just imagine them happening...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priya - Sometimes I just cannot resist cuddle-tackling her!

    Madison - :) I like the shape of your future. And those are excellent names.

    Marie - Good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D

    Speaking of criminal activity, I'll be kidnapping that adorable ball of golden puppy fluff. Just a head's up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dog! Oh my goose! So unreal looking, like a teddy bear.

    Also, YES, the only good part of vacuuming is when you can hear loud crumbs and dirt and things going into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, just reading this made me cosy. I like the feeling of warmth when my cat lays on me too, he's laid on me now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I heart that puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just be happy...nah nah nah nah nah.

    But yes, all these things are very, very happy-making indeed. Long may they reign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, yeah, this is so cozy. It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside - truly happy. I'm so glad you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg i love how the sound of stif frying veggies sound, it mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh. INSANELY cute dog. Oh, I love pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cassandra - You just try...;)

    Erin - That's what my mom and suitemate said about her too!

    Melanie and Maya - Oh good. :)

    Summermoon - Verily amen.

    Franco - YES it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heart that puppy too. Cutie cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We can take her to Vancouver! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cassandra - Yes yes! She would make a GREAT road trip companion.

    ReplyDelete