Saturday, April 18, 2009

Really tired post

We drive and drive. Orange County suburbs yes ma'am. I sing vaguely along with this CD my sisters don't like. In the air between me and the windshield I am plotting the relationship of tiredness versus hours of sleep and my mom thinks my hands which are indicating the axes are like drunk hands that can't find their nose.

There are these trees on the median, big tall trees with pale pale smooth bark. I think, bone-pale branches into the sky. Which I think is maybe a creepy image? But these trees are actually lovely, whereas the truly creepy things about So Cal suburbs are the things that are supposed to give off vibes of Friendly and Happy and Successful. And I repeat, Please God do not let me end up in suburbs like these I will stick my head in the oven or run away.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you weren't the one driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q - Lol! No, fortunately not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever end up in suburbs like that, please pick the running away option. And please run away to here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you weren't driving, how come you got the option to pick the music?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to live somewhere somewhat close to town like maybe a 10minute drive. I don't want my neighbor to be right be side me I want space, lots of space between...maybe 3 acres between. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these thoughts. Muchly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, suburbia... Home sweet home. Heh. I like the plotting of the graph with your arms. :D

    Fact: word verification = fract. This makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aditi - Fair question. My mom let me choose, and my sister didn't protest because she was listening to her mp3 player.

    pinkapplecore - Heh! And I of course have grown up with houses literally wall-to-wall. :D

    Erin - Why thank you...:)

    Cassandra - I am sure your suburb is nicer, and I'm not just saying that, I have almost been there. I have to say, "fract" reminds me of you and Gretchen saying "frak."

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hear you about suburbs, its suffocating. i know it sounds totally snotty, but its just not my cup of tea. its either country or city for me, no in-betweens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Odessa - Exactly. I tend to think that suburbs are not made with humans in mind, but what I'm sure of is that I'm not made for suburbs.

    ReplyDelete