Monday, April 13, 2009

Tuesday joy


This is when I am happy: when what I do conveys who I am, epitomizes me even; when I am doing the sort of thing I do when I am brave and joyous and certain; when I am exactly who I want to be and living just the way that I am meant, essence-outward, to live.

Her? Yes, that one — the girl walking the line of roofs with a dead flower in her hair, fedora between her teeth as she climbs a fence, candy bracelet and cut-up fingers, eating a cupcake perched outside the library like the stone lion that never came, knees pulled up on the subway, scribbling away as worlds whirl by.

I pass my barefoot verdict on life:
whelming, with not an over or under in sight.

11 comments:

  1. [ORIGINAL COMMENT]

    You have very nice feet.

    [ORIGINAL COMMENT ENDS]

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i really love your stream-of-consciousness writing. it's so you. or rather, what i perceive about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give you thoughtified if I can have whelming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you finished this post- so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this does seem very stream of consciousness, like it very much, as I was reading it the image played in my head. very cool

    ReplyDelete