Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gelato and smoke and wisteria, all on a Saturday morning

Odessa reminds me that I meant to post the pictures I took on our original rendezvous in April...

On an inbound streetcar, passing fire escapes and sun-cast stucco and our huge forest of a park, all along with my drowsy fellow public-transportation patrons. I am never out this early on a Saturday morning, so it felt new and I thought, Good morning, good morning! to all of them.


We met up in North Beach, where laundry hangs from windows and fire escapes like I've never seen in San Francisco before.

Also where books fly and the words fallen from their pages tattoo the pavement.




Odessa initiates me into City Lights fandom. I took this from the window of the poetry level.

St. Peter and Paul Church on Washington Square.

P.S. I'm planning to do a giveaway soon. Sound good? Good.

13 comments:

  1. O.O Oh that .....that is awesome...the books...and the words...ah that is just AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had *no* idea that lavenderously was a word, but I absolutely adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! I love CityLights!! <3 <3
    And those books, and those words...
    AMAZING!!
    <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photos ! very nice blog bu the way :))

    a bientot !!
    boubou xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the books and words thing...gorgeous. and the giveaway sounds fab! bring it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The word pictures are so cool! Are they just stamped onto the pavement that way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book thing is so clever! I wonder who started the idea... hmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cassandra - Oh, me TOO.

    boubou - Hallo hallo! :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    Priya - I don't know it was done, but it doesn't go into the pavement at all, if that makes sense. Paint and stencils, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I ever make my way to San Francisco, I MUST see those books with the words on the pavement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely pics. thanks for spending that day with me! now its time to plan for a june rendezvous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the flying books and the fallen words are just amazing...

    ReplyDelete