Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day cupcake


I used Martha Stewart's one-bowl chocolate cupcake recipe, and for the frosting, I mixed 3 T butter, 6 mashed strawberries, and about 3 C powdered sugar.

It's the drippingest frosting ever, but that's the only way I like strawberry frosting. You can add more sugar to thicken it up, but with a sweet fruit like strawberries already in it, it's really easy to for it to get disgustingly sweet.

A very tasty combination. Originally I was going to do chocolate-dipped strawberry cupcakes, but I'm glad I took this route.

8 comments:

  1. Ahh I love cupcakes. Every time bloggers start posting about cupcakes, I end up making some.

    Those look wonderful and Martha Stewart knows her stuff, so I'm sure they're delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really branch out of chocolate chocolate chocolate, but I do like strawberries. :) Hopefully this will help me to make something other than chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummmmm. That looks positively scrumptious. And while I'm not a fan of drippy frosting, it makes for a really good pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I've never seen dripping frosting on cupcakes... but for those - I wouldn't mind the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost taste it. Nice photography!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh delicious!! :P
    Real strawberry icing!! I love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I baked a cake the other night, and I was really pleased. Now I see this. And I have cake envy.

    Humph. Enjoy your strawberries.

    ReplyDelete