Thursday, June 18, 2009

Things that are making me happy


Food with candles stuck in it.

Employment. Yes! I have a permanent job now! At a coffeehouse in my neighborhood! I have been looking for a job for ages, and to get one that I even really want? Oh, oh, it's good..

Pan's Labyrinth and its soundtrack. (THANK YOU ERIN that I watched it when I was by you in ze land of ze baking sun!)

Being appreciated at the temp job. The woman I'm helping out said she is pushing for the doctor to hire me permanently when she expands the practice soon. (Two jobs? Maybe...!)

Returning to schemes to visit Cuba next summer with my soon-to-be brother-in-law.

The rose in an iced tea bottle on my desk. It is big and red and opened perfectly. I bought it from a man downtown with a thick and musical accent who told us about his son back home with heart disease, took out a picture to show us and kissed it when he put it away. Maybe he was lying for pity, maybe it was the truth. In any case, I love carrying around flowers, and he entranced me a bit.

Videochatting with my suitemate and dear amiga in Illinois.

6 comments:

  1. EI!! that's so great you got a perm. job!! I'm still looking..grr.

    I bought a rose off a man once but he was "turning his life around" it didn't matter if he was lying..

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinkapplecore - Oh, I know exactly what you mean, that it didn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaaaay! i want to come visit you at work! and cuba sounds too good, i'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for the job!
    And Pan's Labyrinth!
    And the other things, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would hire you. Definitely. So glad for your good news. And oh, how I've always wanted to go to Cuba.

    To dance.

    To photograph.

    To see.

    ReplyDelete