Friday, June 12, 2009

I left my laptop charger in Arizona

Computer access is a bit limited, but I've been busier than usual anyways with a temp job doing data entry at a medical practice.

I've been running a lot and it's been wonderful. I'm even happier to have the new iPod my friends and sisters got me for my birthday. My old mini's battery life was down to about twenty minutes, and I don't know if I would keep up running if I didn't have a way to listen to music during.

I took a picture of all my full journals. They are in chronological order going from left to right. The first one is from second grade; from then on they're continuous from eighth grade

I made strawberry-banana cupcakes one night when I was getting worried that life will be boring. Which is not to say that strawberry-banana cupcakes are the antidote for a boring life, but they are a good distraction from worries.

Takeout tofu and veggies from our friendly neighborhood Korean restaurant, yum yum yum.


My sweet puppy who isn't mine got spayed. Poor dear.




I have been writing many long letters.

Also plotting a photo shoot in the park with my little sister as my model. I have this idea which I am trying out in both prose and photography. I will let you know how it goes.

And you, what have you been up to?

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the tiara on the bedpost!

    I have been scurrying at work--vacation has begun and children are crawling all over this place wanting books and wanting to signed up for Summer Reading.

    I haven't written letters (that then got mailed) in forevers.

    xo,
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you were gone I came to the realization that you are exactly the sort of blogger I want to be. So I am slowly but surely stealing your blog ideas one at a time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a lot of books. Does that count as up to something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received one of you letters yesterday!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good life! :P

    And what have I been up to? Studying. Bleccchhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! especially the journal collection. hope your charger finds its way back to you soon.

    word verification: dessa (i swear! isn't that funny?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can't believe how many journals you have, it's phenomenal. I can never seem to fill one, I end up storing it somewhere & starting a new one.

    All the photos create such an adorable picture, such a different life. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love every single one of these photos & can't wait to see the results of your project, i'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay congrats on the job! To be honest I'd quite like a data entry job- it pays really well here and it would be good to have a structured, monotonous job that doesn't require any brain energy and then you get your evenings and weekends to do whatever you want! Actually, I'm totally selling it to myself, I'll check it out round here.

    I wish I'd trained myself to write journals when I was younger instead of using LiveJournal for 6 years because now I don't know if I'll ever read it again. They'll be great to read excerpts to your future kids! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mischief. Yes, that's it. Mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You take some very beautiful pictures... and it makes me so happy to recognize many of those journals because they lay in heaps of books around our room on 2East... and my handwriting has made it onto your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful pictures (I swear I write that every time I comment on your page! hah!)
    The banana and strawberry muffin looks amazing...seems like exactly what I need right now!
    And I love your journals!
    I got rid of all of mine last year... :( I'd been keeping journals since I was 9yrs old...
    Hope you had a good trip xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i only just now realised that letter has regina on it! <3. have you seen her live? if you ever get the opp you MUST, she was amazing. i'm in love, ferreals.

    ReplyDelete