Thursday, July 2, 2009

Things that are making me happy



• I bought my tickets to Australia. My bank account is once again completely empty, but airfares were too good to pass up. October, baby! I'm hitting Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast.

• Days when my hair is dirty and I spend all of twenty seconds on it, but somehow it looks good. It fills me with smirkyness and for some reason makes me feel like I'm sticking it to The Man.

• Iceland blogging.

• The Van She remix of Feist's "1234."

• I have been officially labeled no longer depressed. I mean, I knew that, but still. I can never stop saying, amazing what you can change.

• Project Runway, especially Season 2, especially Santino's Tim Gunn impersonation. "What happened to Andrae?" And getting my little sister addicted to it.

• The huge picture windows here where I'm housesitting. We're up on a hill looking out over my neighborhood. At night I don't even turn on the lights in this room because the view is all city lights, up to the edge of the ocean.

• Photos my sister sent us from the final fitting of her wedding dress.

• Rereading Harry Potter. I'm on The Prisoner of Azkaban at the moment.

• A collaborative writing/illustrating project with a dear art major friend of mine. [The bedtime stories, for those of you who've read some of them.]

8 comments:

  1. Oz...wow! i'm so happy for you!!!! *squeal*

    seems like this summer is the best yet, for a lot of us. and yes, its amazing what you can change...

    p.s. we should get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm from Sydney! If you have any questions about my fair city, please feel free to ask :)

    --xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. squeal!!! ah you're going to Australia!! That's wonderful and i'm glad you're happy again. Being depressed is well it just sucks you dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY happy lists! they always make me happy, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I've been rereading all the HP books too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy Australia lovely!
    I'm thinking of heading back to the USA towards the end of this year (well, in 2 months actually! hah!)
    Travel bug has well and truly bitten!
    Have been re-watching the HP movies too!
    Hooraay for happiness x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really have to start watching Project Runway. I've seen shorts, but never experienced the full thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheray Natalie - Bitten by the travel bug? Oh my...the prognosis is hopeless but lovely. ;) YES come back!

    Summermoon - I was going to say, we should watch it together like we did ANTM but then I realized WE COULD WATCH IT IN THE SAME ROOM too!

    ReplyDelete