Thursday, July 30, 2009

Things that are making me happy

Sunday comics at breakfast on Monday.

A new Postcrossing postcard.

Redheaded boys.

Girls with long braids.

Mango chutney and soy cheese sandwiches.

Presents that come for me in the mail for no reason.

The sound of wind in the treetops, because I hardly ever hear it.

An armchair big enough to nap in.

Laughing by myself, and I mean the full mad CACKLECACKLE, none of this quiet chuckle-to-self business. Especially enjoyable behind the wheel on the freeway. [Makes me feel like Cruella De Vil in the car chase scene. Except with a bag of vegan groceries instead of a fur coat.]

The woman who helped me at the post office today, because she told me to put my package in a flat-rate envelope so I could save $2. Thanks!

Tragicomedy.

For the past two weeks, I have been shuffling the same eight songs whenever I'm driving. There's always something for my mood. Delicious!

My new ponytail. It is stubby and makes my sister laugh at me.

9 comments:

  1. I love your love list =) It's inspired me to write my own!

    I love the full on laughing at self, laughing at anything really. It's SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those songs. Even Lady Gaga's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY NEW HAIRCUT!

    I love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your play list is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, that all sounds lovely, can't wait for you to come to the south though, you hear everything (birds, squirrels, raccoons, wind, and lots of rain recently...it's rained all week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just got a present in the mail for no reason - hapines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mango chutney sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny.... I just wrote a "happy list" in the notebook you sent me which I will someday be sending back...

    ReplyDelete