Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Friday night and I'm just chilling with my Puppy who isn't mine and my laptop which is mine and my friends on Twitter who I've never met...

• While I was waiting at the doctor's office I started writing a poem in iambic pentameter. What?

• Waterproof disposable camera, Prozac, hair serum, Soy Joy bar.

• I pulled a book of Faulkner short stories off the shelf at this house because I want to read "The Bear" but it wasn't in there, so I read "A Rose for Emily" instead.

• I am definitely funnier when I'm tired.

• Puppy wakes me up before seven and she will only let me fall back asleep if I pull her into bed.

• I'm trying to spend less money on books, but there is this one anthology with this one essay that I just reread and that reminded me how much I love the essay, enough to read it over and over and over, enough times that I will go ahead and buy the book...

5 comments:

  1. go ahead and buy that book.

    we await the pentameter poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy from the used online section of barnes and noble. If you wait for the book to get down to 1.99 it's 3 dollars and some odd cents to mail it so your getting it for 5 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My puppy doesn't wake me up when she comes into my room. She just snuggles up next to my face. Aw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand Twitter. I've tried really hard to do so but I don't. I have no friends there, just a bunch of strangers to whom I never talk directly. It's like trying to converse with the moon. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love iambic pentameter, sadly. Writing in it, I mean. A Rose for Emily is a freaky story. Soy Joy bars are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete