Sunday, July 12, 2009

Working girl


I've been at this temp job for six weeks...everything says there is a good chance I will get offered a permanent position.

Having to save for Australia keeps my motivation fresh.

Friday I daydream with Bambola in the [California] morning. On my lunch break I buy some bread, soy cheese, and tofurkey at the health food store. I make a sandwich and a half parked at the beach, put my feet on the dashboard and pretend I am a barbarian, savagely tearing my tofurkey with my barbarian incisors.

4 comments:

  1. I remember that day dream.... maybe when Friday returns you will speak to her again...


    if I remember & we both know how great my memory is!!

    I'm glad you will get offered a full time position & I am even more glad you will be coming to Australia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it took me a second to figure out what tofurkey was, since I knew you hadn't spelled it wrong twice.

    this remindes me of when Jodi and I get chinese take out and just park in the plaza and watch the sunset. it's not the beach by far but it's still fun.

    ReplyDelete