Thursday, August 13, 2009

Life lately

I like today. I like working mornings and then coming back and having a good lunch and relaxing and doing chill productive things for the rest of the day.

It's not for sure that the office is going to ask me to stay on [I'm still a temp, even though I've been there since the end of May], but the person I'm helping is pushing my cause.

My family is going to see WICKED tonight. I expect it to be awesome.

I'm trying to make something kind of big work out for a friend, and I need my parents to get on board for it to happen. I'm asking a lot from them, but they've known me for a long time. And I'm the same person who decided to go vegetarian at thirteen, to transition to a real ballet school at fourteen, to be an exchange student at seventeen, to make a spur-of-the-moment solo trip to Iceland at nineteen. I think they know by now that I don't undertake these kinds of things lightly or with doubts in my mind, and that I put all of myself into making them work. So hopefully the fact that I believe in this idea will be enough to win their faith in it.

It's almost time to pay my massive red light ticket. $436, sigh. Still, at least I have the money.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, i hope they get on board. i'm happy you like today. i think i like today, too.

    ReplyDelete