Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Midnight

Full moon and the sea is so bright, it's just a better kind of day. Not bright enough for me to take a good picture, though, so I pull my shirt and jeans off, leave them on the rocks, and walk into the waves instead.

In another version of this story I talk to the person who passes me while I'm in the water, and then again as I'm pulling my jeans back on over my sandy legs on the stairs. Maybe ask them in. Maybe in another lifetime, I'm the one walking by and someone invites me in.

The water? It was quite soft to me.

My skin still feels alive when I get into bed.

4 comments:

  1. Each of this stories is its own validity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant each of these.....

    (my head is in melt mode)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate that, everytime your are like oh the moon is so pretty you go take a picture and it this big bright light :(
    by the way i'm having a giveaway on my blog I hope you enter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that would be wild. When ever i went to the beach at night there were tons of little crabs and a few jelly fish that washed up on shore.

    ReplyDelete