Monday, August 17, 2009

So I can fall asleep tonight

It's okay that I'm afraid that I won't be able to get another job whenever I leave this one.

It's okay that I'm not ready to deal with the idea of going back to the college where I started.

It's okay that I'm worried about my happiness not being durable enough.

It's okay that I don't know when or even if I'll get a college degree.

It's okay that I don't have plans for much past this semester.

I'm not there yet. Life gets bigger but so do I. All I have to do is now. Just because I don't always feel brave, certain, or strong doesn't mean anything in the future is going to be too much for me.

***

I'm not sure when this blog starting taking the place of my journal, but it has.

Sometimes I don't know whether to keep posts like this unpublished or not. I don't know if they're interesting to other people.

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post, its honest and raw and straight to the point. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chica, i always need to hear what you have to say, k?

    and i'm very happy you figured out the lobster bit =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Summermoon. I think this is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one of the most bloggingly honest people I read. And yes, it's okay. You are smart enough for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like reading posts like this. it makes me realise i'm not alone in feeling these things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not there yet. Life gets bigger but so do I. All I have to do is now. Just because I don't always feel brave, certain, or strong doesn't mean anything in the future is going to be too much for me.

    This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear right now. Thank you.

    --xo.

    P.S. A reply to your e-mail is coming soon, sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's interesting.
    And I can tell you that it's ok to have no idea. It's called living in the moment. x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your takes on life. Please hit "publish" more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's okay to not have a plan... that's what makes life interesting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes it's in the not knowing that you are more open to the knowing, if you know what I mean. :)

    I finished a college degree in nursing just because I didn't know what to do with my life. It didn't kill me, and I didn't stay nursing for long (just a few years), but it was very constructive in my personal growth, closeness to God, and preparation for what would happen in the years that followed.

    Even if you are not sure about anything, pick the path that looks the most interesting and walk on it awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must not know that you lend courage.
    Even to middle aged women :)
    Now you know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're marvelous. Thanks for being here.

    Gem - Definitely not. xo

    R. - No worries!

    Tash - Then I will.

    sallyhanan - That is a wonderful piece of advice and the perfect illustration. Thanks so much. :)

    wilsonian - Thanks so much for saying that. It makes me think that I'm being who I'm meant to be.

    ReplyDelete