Thursday, August 27, 2009

Things that are making me happy


My boo in her new school uniform


Late afternoon light

IMing with my transcendentalist feminist Bostonian suitemate

Getting back my first roll of film from my Diana F+!

Hint water. You know how restaurant water tastes like lemon when it's had lemon slices in it? It's like that, except bottled and with cooler fruits, like tangerine and kiwi and raspberry. It doesn't have any added sugar or scary fake flavoring. Water, just with an extra delicious tang. Mmm.

Writing letters in bed before I fall asleep

My course load: Intro to Women's Studies, Families & Intimate Relationships (sociology thereof), Website Development, and Cultural Anthropology. No more time wasted on subjects I don't care about. This is how college is supposed to be!

Tumblng

Summermoon pointing out to me that I am basically a homeschooler.

Post-Author Syndrome [you, Shan-fans who've met Shannon, you know what I'm talking about]. Equal parts awe and gratitude, with a little regret for the things you forgot to say.

Getting to check in patients and make appointments for them at work sometimes now. I'm kind of awkward with "customer" interactions, but it's a nice break from data entry. And it's cool to put faces to the names I've become so familiar with.

Pulling off the freeway to take pictures instead of staying stuck in traffic.

6 comments:

  1. Hint water sounds wonderful. Wish they sold it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homeschoolers UNITE!

    I'd like some Hint water...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Homeschooler??? Yes, I think you are. And I love your courseload... they sound pretty delightful.
    Also, I have a book for you to read: Alice, I Think, by Susan Juby. It's perhaps the funniest think I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Hint water like Vitamin Water? Because for some reason, everyone drinks Vitamin Water over here.

    I'd never seen your Tumblr before. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking through your tumblr. Do you read MLIA much? Because it completely rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Transcendentalist feminist Bostonian suitemate, checking in. I just watched a really good documentary on the objectification of women in the media. Hannah and I were speechless for a while, but then we had some choice words.

    ReplyDelete