Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bedtime stories

A bedtime story is not necessarily a cozy story with a happy ending. It is not necessarily a story with any ending.

But to be suitable for bedtime, a story must have a flavor you can't forget. It needs rich images, strange or beautiful. It needs to enchant you, to be something that you read before sleeping because you hope it will stain your dreams.

Also, it must be a story that can be told and listened to as well as read.

I've been working on a family of my own bedtime stories this year, as some of you know, and at the same time have had the idea of an Etsy store rattling around in my head for quite a while.

So [here's the exciting part] I'm planning to put these little stories together in a chapbook that I will list for sale online.

Watch this space for further news.

Eeps!

8 comments:

  1. That would be spiffy! I would totally buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'd love to read it... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!

    (Confession: I had to google to see what a chapbook was.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!! I think you captured the essence of a bedtime story perfectly. You're always able to put the inexplicable into words... <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you still planning on doing this yesplease?

    ReplyDelete