Friday, September 4, 2009

Award+meme


Rachel of The Creamy Middles (she's great and I think you would like her blog if you like mine) has presented me with this blogging award. My instructions are to share ten facts about myself before passing on the award.

1. I'm good at convincing myself that I dislike people when I'm actually just jealous of them. Same goes for pretending that I hate people who've really hurt me.

2. I gave my Muni transfer to a cute tourist boy this afternoon.

3. So far in my life, I have tended to get very passionate about a hobby or activity and then lose interest after a year and a half or so. (Running, ballet, cycling, Irish dance). I will give myself the benefit of the doubt and say that's just been me exploring a variety of interests, not me having commitment issues.

4. On that note, I really like change and spontaneity. If I suddenly decide one morning to give myself a haircut with kid scissors, I'll probably be happy whether it turns out well or not, just because I'll have satisfied my daily quota for novelty.

5. On my desk: laptop, Robin Hood, stamp, alarm clock, potted plant, three Icelandic stones and two 5k coins, votive candle, lamp, vase of dried lavender, poster putty, Christmas present for a friend, Nordstrom box of feathers, loose prints of pictures I took, loose prints of pictures someone else took.

6. Thing I most hate about traveling by plane: when I'm trying to sleep with my head in my arms on the tray table (it feels very natural when you've been a student for so long and so recently), and the person in front of me leans back, thereby compressing my skull between their seat back and the tray table. If they wake me in this manner, my sleep-defense rage frequently incites me to try to push their seat back upright with my head. Yes, there's your free fact: I get very ugly when people interfere with my sleep.

7. This is my fourth semester of college, and I have no major.

8. What I really want in life, logistically speaking, is to a) have my headquarters in San Francisco and b) have a job that lets me travel often, and either pays me to be creative or leaves me the time and energy to be creative on my own.

9. My favorite Disney movie is Mulan, and I have had a fat crush on Li Shang for years.

10. I used to love coffee and energy drinks, because I love being hyper, but then I realized they were also the reason I would randomly get freaked out and anxious about nothing. So now I don't drink anything more caffeinated than tea.

I am going to pass this award on to Em because she is very honest and honest people say interesting things.

5 comments:

  1. What is a Muni transfer?

    And what a fun meme. I may have to steal it. (That is, if my blog remembers who I am...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for being a Mulan fan!! That's my favorite Disney movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Louise - Muni is our public trans system. The transfer is so you can change lines within a certain time window. Other systems have those too. Right?

    pinkapplecore - AWESOME. High fives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That image of you on the plane made me laugh.

    I hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mulan... hands off, he's MINE.

    "10. I used to love coffee and energy drinks, because I love being hyper, but then I realized they was also the reason I would randomly get freaked out and anxious about nothing. So now I don't drink anything more caffeinated than tea." this cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete