Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday inspirations

Misshapen cutout cookies

Purposefully misshaping cutout cookies to make the gingerbread men into dancing gingerbread men.

Tights in bright colors.

Cleaning out my image files.

Deciding I'm done looking at fashion photography.

A mermaid in a martini glass.

The shape of orchids. It's so peculiar and architectural, no?

My current Firefox Persona.

Making a Greek-tragedy-mask face in pictures.

Celtic music. I miss Irish dance. My family went to see Riverdance tonight and it was great, of course, but I'm still not that great at just watching dance; I can't do it without overflowing with schemes to take it up again and maybe get back into competing and that last slip jig I was working on...etc. etc.

Dressing sharply.

Flamenco. Hottest thing I've ever seen.

My hips in a pencil skirt [I put myself on my own inspiration list? Oh my!]

Poppy's tumblr and her absolute astuteness in all matter sociological.

Sleeping pigeons on window ledges and fire escapes.

Sitting on a very steep hillside in a park overlooking my city, with my new headphones on, a little too cold, waiting to get my film from the one-hour photo place.

Pictures from floods.

Pretending to be dispassionate sometimes, just for kicks.

Reevaluating, on a case-by-case basis, the benefits of being inoffensive.

A red-tailed hawk flying right past my face.

5 comments:

  1. The pencil skirt? I know exactly what you mean. It's the kind of thing that makes me dance around in change rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summermoon - Haha YES. A little swivelswivel "my, what a classy broad I am."

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh nice list! I saw a hawk a few days ago, thought it was weird...usually they stay up in the mountains.. but it was nice to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very humbled by your compliment, I often feel I write too passionately and erratically to make any sense.

    I too am cleaning out my image files, 8,000 deleted and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy - Nope, you make much sense. And it was your mention of cleaning out image files that got me started. A good house-cleaning for the New Year...

    ReplyDelete