Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Things that are making me happy

my sister's basil


Getting back in the habit of going to the gym. So good to use one's muscles and really feel the lungs working. Also, dance classes which kick my butt.

Having a tripod.

Springtime. Crocuses and snowdrops and going barefoot. The miracle of flowers pushing up through the dry cracked earth, no matter how over-photographed they are.

Catching up on sleep.

Lots and lots of books of poetry from the library.

God's Silence, by Franz Wright. It makes my heart sing.

Plans for picnics and fort-making.

Zen Habits and :mnmlist.

The prospect of a dorm room all to myself next year! It's in the dorm in the center of campus, where I am now, so only about two minutes to class and the dining hall (such a relief in the dead of winter or when you oversleep!). It's on the top floor, with a dormer window, and it's WEST-FACING which means it gets the best most gorgeous afternoon light! Ah!

Peaceful dreams to counteract a sad night.

My invention of American fairy bread i.e. fairy bread, except made with peanut butter instead of butter.

A certain pregnant lady.

Bridget Jones.

Significant scheming and dreaming in regards to future content and direction for Eating a Tangerine.

Sweet potato fries.

Worshipping barefoot.

Calling myself an artist.

Email correspondents.

You, my wonderful fellow bloggers, my commenters, my quiet readers.

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic list. And sweet potato fries are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to eat fairy bread with peanut butter ALL THE TIME when I was child, and everyone who knew about it thought I was really weird for doing so. You're the first person I've met who does it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i like this list! :) I'm kinda curious what you did with the corn meal bag though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. may i hazard a wild guess? is your sister pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and have you tried fairy bread with apple butter? amazingness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle - As are my days lately, so that's appro-pro, as my littlie would say. :)

    Debbie - [Where is your comment?! It is invisible, but I know it is there!] Sweet potato fries: I know, right? I never heard of them until I got to college, so they still amaze me.

    Poppy - Oh, that gladdens me! I was worried antipodeans might find the idea heretical. Well, I guess it sounds like they do. But who cares what they say as long as Poppy's on my side?

    geekspawn - No more than you deserve, cue fierce eyebrows.

    Sarah Louise - Thank you, lady! I also am quite pleased with it!

    pinkapplecore - Oh, are you? Then I will tell you: It is sitting on my bookshelf next to my other food items, waiting for me to get paid so I can buy some ingredients for cornbread. Poor patient thing.

    Erin - What makes you think my sister is a lady?

    geekspawn - Really? I'm actually not that fond of apple butter, though I always think I will be because it SOUNDS so wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. well see do you mean the formal term 'lady' or the slang, like, 'hey lady!'?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin - Oh right. The nice sense of lady, of course! But the main thing is that my sister is only seventeen, so pregnancy would be no cause for inclusion on the gratitude list, no indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh haha I meant your older sister, the married one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm, I totally just laughed at 'dance classes that kick my butt', because on Friday nights where I live, there is an event called Kick Butt Blues...wait. Oh my. This is also the dance event where there is a girl named Liz, who reminds me a lot of you! Crazy world...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin - Ah. Well, I shall tell you about this lady soon enough...:)

    Edge - Crazy world where you can be reminded of someone you've never met, more like! Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete