Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Victoriana/loveliness

Hello my dears,

Day is lovely; I just got out of a dance class in which I accidentally leapt into the sound system cabinet and we did contact improv, which is so weird and cool -- it means improvising with another dancer while always keeping at least one point of contact with their body. Our teacher said, Don't be timid with each other! Reckless abandonment! You are creations creating together!

I have been wanting to share some pictures of one of my favorite places in San Francisco. You'll recognize it; you've been seeing it in my header since last June, if not longer. It's the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park, a Victorian palace of a greenhouse. If you come to San Francisco, I will take you there.








IMG_1589



IMG_1609


^ That is a tangerine blossom! The room was full of its beautiful scent.




9 comments:

  1. I am in love with your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree with Q.

    And I'm in love with all these pictures. I need to go here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q - Hah! I wondered if anyone would notice them, small as they are in that pickcha. I bought them in the secondhand store I stopped in right before my mom picked me up to go to the conservatory. Ridiculously comfy Marc Jacobs platform wedges at $14? Um YES.

    Faith - You know, I remember you professing your love of wedges when you were twelve. Hee. Yes, you do need to come here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pictures, love what your dance teacher said--that improv stuff sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin - It really was. It was a strain to think of movements that were actually interesting and dance-like, but what an excellent challenge. p.s. if you dance in arizona maybe i can join your class when i visit that would be wicked fun. random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love SF, but I've never been to the conservatory. Really stupid, considering I live on the same coastline. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Je Reve - Ooh, I'm excited that you've been to San Francisco before. I hope you make it to the conservatory next time!

    Cassandra - If they had annual passes, I'd totally buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TAKE ME THERE!...

    can you believe i've never been to golden gate park (at least, consciously? i don't remember...)

    ReplyDelete