Sunday, April 11, 2010

And again

God knows I want to be seen
as badly as the next person, as much as
any and every other person

And if I want to hide, if I shiver with what I've told you
and feel the earth pull me down to crouch suddenly
on the pavement and cover my face, it's only because I don't
believe you'll take the time to do more than look.

Later, I will tip my head forward under the shower head
a chador of white noise and my ears deep in water
and blood pounding under it a word
(I will wash away everything you know about me) —

8 comments:

  1. beautiful! you're a very talented poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will never get over your ability to express yourself with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle - Thank you.

    Jenica - I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    aipingplum - Thanks, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wholeheartedly with all of that! beautiful words my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time it rains - Thank you, Anna-la!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the last stanza is strong in my head. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin - It was the first one I wrote.

    ReplyDelete