Monday, April 12, 2010

Things that are making me happy



celebrating my twenty-first by being taken to TEA CLASS by best friends

the fact that the title "tea master" exists (it's a position on a tea plantation)

tea connoisseurs and their contagious, adorably particular ways

rooibos tea

what does it say about us that tea class is actually a really exciting thing for all of us? hah!

Lisel Mueller's poetry

this song

Shane Claiborne visiting campus

our room with the windows left open

blossoms in the trees

feminist Friday and postmodern Monday in politsophy

my twitter friends, especially festivalfashion, suzigurl, ellie_beth87, and fairytalelover

falafel

afternoon mini-naps

knowing how to calm myself down when I'm starting to freak out (when I do it, that is)

the nightly exercise of writing my NaPoWriMo poem

long brunches with my wonderful Alaskan Anna spent discussing copy editing issues and constructing hilariously complex German sentences

copy editing itself (paid position at my college's newspaper, woohoo)






10 comments:

  1. :) you're awesome. i love these happy lists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatddya know! I'm drinking Rooibos right now. :) Glad Shane gave Wheaton another chance. He was pretty turned off by us the first time he came. :( <3s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tea classes???? im very much intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I like this list :) Great song &&& how fantastic that there is tea class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "Real Men Drink Tea" cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle - :) Good. I should do them more often anyways.

    aipingplum - Oh really? I need to hear more about this...

    pinkapplecore - Yep! Some stuff about how tea is made, some about how to brew it PROPERLY, and tea tasting!

    The Pieces - Isn't it? I've listened to that song so many times in the past week or so. And I KNOW; they wouldn't tell me where they were taking me, and when we ended up at the tea store, I was like, No way.

    Inkgirl - Haha :) Any man of mine would certainly have to be a tea-lover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire has been reading Lisel Mueller's poems lately. They're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time it rains... - Has she?! Oh, excellent. I hadn't heard of her before I saw her on the shelf at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of really want to go to your college...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin - Indeed? That would be cool. Do it. Or you could just live in my room for a while; I have a single next year so we could keep you a secret.

    ReplyDelete