Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Answers

[see the ask/tell box here]

How is a raven like a writing desk?
Shoot, I've already heard a really good answer to this. ["Poe wrote on both."] Um. Depending on their age, both may contain feathers? Haha. It's a stretch.

how many countries have you been to?
Four outside of the US: Germany, Switzerland, Iceland, Australia. Technically Austria and Liechtenstein too, but that was only half an hour or so and we didn't get out of the car.

what's your favorite romance in a novel?
Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth's in Persuasion.

what is your best cure(s) for unhappiness?
I like this question. I think I will give its answer a post of its own, in fact.

Will you record yourself singing a song and post it? Please?
I cracked up when I read this. (I have a very weak singing voice.) I'm really curious what prompted this request, though. Come back to the question box and tell me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I love "Persuasion!" It's always been my favorite of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - I think it is the most..mature of her stories. I mean, as in the story and all its little gears being fully realized. Mmm so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hum. i'm not a fan of austen and i had to read persuasion for school, the love letter at the end was austen at her LEAST dry... i know she's got deeper meaning than the surface, but i do know of quite a few girls who like pride & prejudice for the cuteromance!omg! but... like... omg, isn't she supposed to be critiquing some social/class shizz or something???

    really though, of all things i just find her writing style incredibly dry.

    ReplyDelete