Monday, August 30, 2010

Linkage

Beautiful photos of beautiful Greenland, including its capital city Nuuk.

"How to Take Better Photos: Leave Your Camera Behind."

Is it just mindless political correctness to criticize "Indian" headdresses as a fashion trend? Check out this blogger's excellent explanation of appropriation.

Members of a Christian foundation showed up at a gay pride parade wearing shirts that read "I'm Sorry."

A slide show of movie posters with the titles they should have been given.

Pie pops photo tutorial! Just what sound like, miniature pies on lollipop sticks. I want to make these.

Also on my must-make list: a chai mix to add to your black tea.

A thoughtful word for lovers of vintage fashion. The blog post she references and links to is also worth reading.

What if men had to follow beauty rules as stringent as those in place for women? (Rhetorical, but my answer: it would be ridiculous and sad, so why is it not ridiculous and sad that it's already like this for women?)

Adopt an endangered word HERE. I chose "eveniency", which I will from now on use in place of "coming to pass."

Some things that require whole phrases or sentences in English (the last person to laugh at a joke) can be expressed by a single beautiful word in another language. (FULERSTOV!) Better Than English posts a new one each day.

4 comments:

  1. Mamihlapinatapai = best word ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I think I'm going to adopt an endangered word as a blog title, as I am very bad at coming up with original titles that have not already been taken....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pie pops look AWESOME! I want to make them with you! Please come visit me and we can make them! (P.S. I misses you a lots)

    ReplyDelete
  4. geekspawn - right? and it takes SO many words in English. makes me wonder if those Tierra del Fuegans are more attuned to the latent. anticipating your announcement of your choice!

    aipingplum - that would be good. I wonder if you're where I think you are?

    ReplyDelete