Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happiness and gratitudes


• cold cheese pizza for a nighttime study snack. especially when it costs me nothing.

• browsing the Sarah Haskins/Target Women archives. her videos make me lol. she is so astute. (the Target Women vids are comedic takedowns of advertisements directed at women.)

• the feeling of a clean, just-washed face.

• the superfresh doughnut I bought at the farmer's market on Saturday. so much better than any other doughnut I've had that it's almost weird to call them by the same name.

• the French nun who sells baked things for her charity at the farmer's market. she's small and pretty and wears a habit and has an accent and is exactly how you'd imagine a French nun.

• sugar snap peas.

• dark-chocolate–covered graham crackers. the kind they sell by the cash register at coffee places.

• finding the perfect gifts for my October-born New Englanders.

• realizing that I actually distinguish between hyphens, en dashes and em dashes in my handwriting. I feel that I was marked for copy editing from my adolescence; yet it is also marking me...

• feeling free not to care about things that I just, well, don't care about.

• writing myself a renewed commitment to eating intuitively.

• making new friends.

• Sunday night baking.

• my anthro professor's stories about Andean drinking contests.

• windy nights warm enough to wander in.

• a Ferris wheel lady-date.

• the people I'm getting to know on MC. they are generous and endlessly wise. I really do feel privileged to be a part of a community with them.

5 comments:

  1. so many good things on this list, my dear...books i'm reading, videos my roommates have introduced to me, dr arnold in all his insanity, and the farmers market.
    it makes me smile to think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar snap peas and a freshly washed face! Mmm...
    What are en and em dashes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison - haha, yes, that's right, you took that class. I miss you!

    Jenica - the Wikipedia dash article does a good job explaining.

    ReplyDelete