Saturday, October 30, 2010

A picture I wouldn't have gotten



except for the fact that I had my camera clutched to my chest as I was walking, with the lens cap off and the exposure already set, so as soon as my brain registered woman panhandling in fairy wings I whipped around and TOOK IT! otherwise, I probably would have walked past and been too hesitant to walk back and get my camera out and get the shot.

this one was definitely the picture I was most anxious for while I was waiting to get the roll back from developing.

speaking of street photography: this guy's approach seems nuts to me, but it seems to work for him...

7 comments:

  1. Awww, that's so pretty! It looks like something out of a fairytale...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - I LOVE the arrow in the middle of the sky pointing at her - looks like it's floating :)

    Also, I think Bruce Gilden is a dick and I don't particularly like his style. I understand he's after a reaction in a photograph or after a fleeting moment that you can't reproduce if you stop to ask people, but I think he has way too high an opinion of himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is called serendipity. I love the heart.
    And I think Bruce Gilden is obnoxious, too. His shots do turn out really nice but how annoying to be one of those people with some random guy in your face snapping pictures! (Does that happen often in NY?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love it!!! so perfect. like jenica, the sparkly heart also captivated my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priya - fairytale + homelessness, though. oh Chicago.

    Shannon - I hadn't noticed that, yikes, haha. traffic light! I laughed to read that...too high of an opinion of himself in thinking that he can behave that way towards people?

    Jenica - I doubt it! I would be a bit distressed if it were done to me, mainly 'cause of how he gets up in people's faces.

    odessa - thank you thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photo - especially with the arrow in the sky
    and wow - bruce gilden is horrid!! We have cards with his images at work...
    pretty sure i would smack someone that did that to me!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheray - you don't say! what an unethical shop yours sounds like...:P

    ReplyDelete