Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Things that are making me happy


• Laughing at my brother-in-law's ridiculous malapropisms and mishearings.
"One of my favorite things about our Harry Potter movie marathon? Hearing Phil talk about 'Snipes,' 'Dumbledorf,' and 'Valdemar.'" - my sister

• Waking up my German brain in anticipation of this coming semester.

• That I thought I had ruined a whole roll of film by opening the back when it hadn't rewound properly, but it turned out that fifteen out of twenty-four exposures were okay.

The Memoryhouse cover of "These Days."

• A long walk to a bakery for some pastry and coffee with my mama.

• A thrifted skirt which is swingy and purple and pre-worn enough to be soft.

• Sparkling wine.

• How the sky looks before it rains.

• Being sucked in by creative projects.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes!
    Happy New Year, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! "Snipes" :) That made me laugh.

    And oh, a pre-rain sky is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil is a genius. "Valdemar" sounds like an exquisite seaside resort for super villains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lexi - You too, best Lexi!

    Edge - *is swiveling hips happily to self*

    Maya - That view I did a panorama of a few posts ago was before the rain. Mmm, mm.

    Emma - HA! But you are absolutely right...I'm grinning.

    ReplyDelete