Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happiness and gratitudes


• stumbling across my stashed-away stash of warm-weather skirts

• doing what is uncomfortable and unaccustomed, and looking forward to it becoming easier

• the wonderful lady lawyer from South Africa who visited to be the keynote speaker at my college's third world issues symposium

• the colors of winter

• the color of Lake Michigan, and the tiny (lake)shells that I didn't know you could find on its shore

• cracking my window

• post-yoga state

• class friends

• waking up to the trees coated in a fine layer of ice, and the flexing noise it made when they moved in the wind

• peppermint frozen yogurt

• Friday evenings sprawled on my floor rambling Friday-brain nonsense with my half-accented friend and her paint-fume-addled brain

• plans for July and August on a new continent

• the music video for "Home" [here]

• working on my capstone paper

• being almost done with astronomy

• when the reason I'm late to class is that I've gotten trapped listening to an addictive beautiful song

8 comments:

  1. Oh so many things I love about this list!
    Home makes my heart sing - seriously! I can feel it swelling up with joy & I can't help but prance around & sing (at the top of my lungs!)
    I too & pushing myself to do was feels uncomfortable (which is a very long list of things at the moment...) in the hope that over time it won't be as hard.
    I love that while you're looking for your warm weather skirts i'm pulling out my cold weather skirts with just as much glee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely list. The one about Friday evenings paints quite a picture. And "Home" is just, well, happy! Seems like you're savoring your last semester at Wheaton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your capstone paper about?

    And like dig the pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by like I meant I. Heee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. July and August on MY continent, heck yes!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheray - And you've already had so much winter, haven't you?!

    Carl - I am. I definitely am. But it's certainly in part BECAUSE it's the last semester.

    aipingplum - The modesty/purity movements. Thanks. :) I need to retake it though so you actually can see what I'm holding...

    Gabi - YES <3 the red dust I have heard about for so long...

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha yes yes I have...but I do love the cold! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for warm-weather skirts. :D

    ReplyDelete