Saturday, April 30, 2011

Exhausted

My back is all knotty and my throat hurts and I think I might have a slight fever.
Body would like a break from stimulants, and some exercise, and no more sitting in chairs.
I've slept three nights so far this week. There's been much too much coffee and hardly any tea.

But:
Today I turned in the longest of the papers.
Last night was a lot more bearable because I and one of my research group members who also needed to work agreed to stay awake together.
On Monday (or was it Tuesday?) I saw dawn approaching through the rain, and it was so beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. oh darlin. Feel better. I feel kind of achy too. You are almost done?

    Sending fairy cakes,
    xo,
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Louise - Already feeling a lot better after medicine and sleeping most of the past twenty-four hours. Almost: six days. You take care and feel better too, SL. [xo]

    Bridey - Am! [Will admit I wasn't, but am now. Happily returning to my coffee-abstaining ways.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you... Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carl - Thanks, Dad, Trying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holly, sending positive thoughts your way! hope you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. odessa - last week's caught up with me in the form of this cold, but aside from sniffling and coughing, the fact that i'm sleeping and no longer drinking coffee makes me feel a LOT better. thanks for the thoughts and hopes :)

    ReplyDelete