Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happiness and gratitudes


• Confiding in "real-life" friends too.

• A thrifted skirt so long that it can hide my toes, and that it reminds me of a very beautiful spirit whom I roomed with three years ago.

• Being in the rain with two rainy-haired-my girlfriends, and the wild way people at this college get when the big storms come.

• News that three of my peers from anthro and German got the Fulbright—which also means that two of my friends will be in Germany next year while I am!

• Nirvana, earlier Jack Johnson, and the score from Everything is Illuminated.

• I need an expression for something in the soul that is analogous to growing pains in the body. It's what these past twelve months or so have been for me.

• Being out in the muddy and mistiness of the night, almost hearing the earth softening.

• The love-mail I received during my birthday week, and the people who sent it.

• Lying down in a parking lot at dusk and trying to follow the conversation patterns of the songbirds there.

• Just the right Medicine presenting itself as I began to get sickened by Saturday.

• Screaming.

• Swimming in the Lake, and how warm the air felt when you came out of the water.

• That there is enough time. It would be idiomatic for me to claim otherwise at this point in the semester, but enough is defined by what is necessary, so define necessary by what there is enough time for and THERE IS ENOUGH TIME FOR ANYTHING THAT MATTERS ENOUGH, and so, division property of equality, there is time for anything that matters.

• Having my first roll of slide film in my camera right now.

• Discussing Grimm fairy tales as vehicles for the transmission of cultural ideas about agency.
"I did not allow my daughters to watch Cinderella until they were old enough to deconstruct it from a feminist point of view."
- my culture theory professor

5 comments:

  1. Love. Dancing in storms is one of my favorite things to do. Also long skirts are beautiful and I need more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this list warms my heart. yesss..there is enough time. i need to hear this, too. thanksies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenica - Kindred spirits always love rainstorms...

    Odessa - <3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your words are always beautiful.

    what is slide film?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin - Instead of getting a negative, each developed exposure is like a tiny transparency, with all the normal colors. Capisce? Or here.

    ReplyDelete