Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happiness and gratitudes

I am appreciating:

• what I can learn by asking for the thoughts and opinions of my friends and those around me

• that I have friends are clever and compassionate and take big questions seriously

• the sunshine and the wind off the lake, and the hour or so I spend most days after our early dinner just sitting on the swimming dock

• internet access being relatively limited here

• the prospect of a few days in Chicago next weekend to see my friends

• that my current class (anthropology: race and identity in the contemporary US) is interesting and well-faciliated enough that four-hour sessions don't feel too long at all

• the fresh perspectives of the non-majors in the class

• a reminder from the politics professor that as we are all Christians here, our primary relationship is that of siblings. Thinking this way really really helps me be patient and non-competitive with the other students.

4 comments:

  1. are you still at Wheaton? By the way, ich liebe dich. (I figure if my German is going down the tubes for lack of use, that's a pretty good sentence to always remember!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two are my favorite, the third sounds sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Louise - Taking Wheaton classes, but at our Northwoods campus. Ich hab' dich auch lieb. [xo]

    Beth - I am liking it toooo...

    Jenica - It is, indeed. True quiet is more necessary than I have realized.

    ReplyDelete