Saturday, October 22, 2011

Personal projects for my last half-semester of undergrad


1) Sustainable bedtimes. Like, between midnight and one. That would be great.

2) Do my part to strengthen the feminist presence/visibility on this campus  by a) calling attention to misogyny and male entitlement where I encounter them, and b) offering feminist analyses of the stuff that comes up in our studies and in our lives.* These are my last classes here, ever, so I can be as outspoken as I like without a thought for the consequences of gaining a reputation as "strident" or a "feminazi."

3) Make it to at least one céilí. Anyone in the Chicago area interested in coming with?

*issues other than the ordination of women and gender roles in marriage, because those have been abundantly treated

6 comments:

  1. Your céilí link is broken, so I don't know to which company you're referring, but depending on timing and cost I'd definitely be interested in going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q - Oh, what in Maude's name! That website DOES exist, or did yesterday. And I rather need it for directions. Humph. Well, assuming the BUILDING and EVENT have not also vanished, Friday night and I think $2 or $3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with that sustainable bedtime thing...How are you managing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenica - Definitely moving in the right direction as far as changing my habits. If I pay attention to my energy and notice when my body wants to go to sleep, it's easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is inspiring to me. I've been thinking a lot about what I want from the second half of my undergrad career as I near the halfway mark. Thank you.

    Also, hope you are well. I'm happy right now, had a nice weekend full of good company and things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kait - You are vair welcome. I hope your intentions bring you magic. And yes, today I feel well; thank you for asking. :) I'm glad you are happy too.

    ReplyDelete