Sunday, December 11, 2011

Happiness and gratitudes

• good memories that give me energy in the present

• my public speaking prof. told me in my assessment, "You seem quite comfortable in front of an audience," which surprised me

• the times when I'm able to take pleasure in studying

• the many, many uses of apple cider vinegar

• the odd, non-idiomatic English that I speak when I'm tired

• smirking

• fresh guided meditations

• bundled-up walks during the last hour of (cold, still-golden, deeply angled) winter sunlight

• that I get to hang out with Little Sister soon

8 comments:

  1. meditation oasis.com also has awesome guided meditations for free:

    http://www.meditationoasis.com/podcast/listen-to-podcast/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making my own facial cleanser out of apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, and a ton of green tea. Works fantastically and it doesn't cost me twenty dollars like the stuff I'd been buying before. It does smell absolutely horrific, though.

    Smirking is one of my favorite activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! SF is the first stop on my gypsy journey down the coast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. huzzah for liquids that smell like easter!

    (the combination with green tea and witch hazel is intriguing... I use witch hazel, too, but have never combined the three)

    Still a fan of internal cleansing over a cultural obsession with external remedies, though. Drink it, drink it! (erm, not the witch hazel. the vinegar)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (It makes my skin dry out less than straight witch hazel does.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sui - Oh, fantastic! Thanks!

    Fé - Yes, been using the ACV on my stress pimples and I am definitely a fan. Tell me about this concoction: brewed green tea, just like what you drink? What ratios do you use, approx?

    Noel - "Drink it, drink it!" You make me laugh, which makes me want to obey. I'll try some tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use three teaspoons of the witch hazel and vinegar, and then about twelve teaspoons of green tea; and yeah, I just brew up some Lipton green tea because it's cheap and tastes disgusting, and let it cool before I mix it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fé - Lovely...I may try that. (I know, I bought a box recently, so disappointing!)

    ReplyDelete