Sunday, October 14, 2012

Gratitudes + things that are making me happy

Untitled

• my first affogato

• finding the lid to my tea flask

• days when I don't have hay fever

• Zoe's blog, love and some words

• Sophocles and Madeleine L'Engle

• a big Australian history book to open when I don't know what to do with myself

• my first trip to a library in a month

• writing letters

• running

• excellent furniture rearrangement choices

• choosing to do nothing sometimes, rather than doing things mindlessly

• housemate Shannon when she's snarking her way through a fashion magazine

• garlic mayonnaise to put on roast potatoes

• thinking about how wonderful the people I am friends with are

9 comments:

  1. affogatos are a huge favourite at our place too.
    love your list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leonie - Now I'm pondering how it was that I NEVER heard of it until now. Such deprivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, L'Engle. Have you read her "Walking on Water"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddee - Have not, but I'm looking it up now. Do you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEK.

    you're wonderful.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. loveandsomewords - Seriously, thanks for your writing. It has a vulnerability but also a lightness, and a good flow. I never put off reading your posts in my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever so highly. It's of art and creativity and just...I can't quite sum it up. That's why it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RUNNING !!! oh, the hippocrates ... ;)

    roast potatoes sound good.

    "choosing to do nothing sometimes, rather than doing things mindlessly" mmm... !

    ReplyDelete
  9. sui -

    yes...a very gradual turning point. and a good one.

    we can roast some little potatoes together some time.

    ReplyDelete