Thursday, December 20, 2012

Shivers / nephew

Untitled
I have had a shivery buzzing feeling since yesterday, couldn't quiet my still faintly jetlagged brain enough for sleep — or couldn't make myself want to make it quiet badly enough — until about six in the morning, but this evening after dinner it vanished and I was left with a sudden emptiness, the tranquil kind.

I met my nephew today for the first time. He is five weeks old. (How can that be a sentence? A human who is five weeks old? It boggles the mind.)

"Holy Never, have mercy on us."

It's comforting to be tired with the parents of a newborn, because you know you are not alone and yet they still have it so much worse than you.

I'm making a crafty little photocopied book of Australian stuff, of some of the things I wrote there as well as some other bits and pieces. Let ya know when it's finished.

8 comments:

  1. That's kinda cool. I can almost imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A five week old human... a human that wasn't and is... and is even related to you. It's just... funny to think about. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's comforting to be tired with the parents of a newborn, because you know you are not alone and yet they still have it so much worse than you. -- HAHAH... i had to chuckle softly at this one.

    ooh, a zine? i am excited!

    i wanted to tell you that i love you, i really, really love you -- just in case either of us forgot for a moment. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. am now reading through that Anna Kamienska thing and oh my word it's wonderful

    (looking forward to the oz zine....glad you are doing it...!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaun Elyse - Yes...it is quite mysterious.

    sui - :) Thank you, cara. I love you too.

    Erin - I don't know why I didn't send the link to you when you mentioned you liked that quote in my "about." But yes, I love it a lot, all of her "notebooks" (there's more of hers on that same site) and I'm glad you do too. And thank you for your encouragement earlier this fall re: writing project. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not been reading your blog lately. You have a nephew now!? That IS amazing. And I have that exact same nativity set. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camilla - I do, and even more amazingly, he's turned out to be a ginger! Huzzah!!!

    ReplyDelete