Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Self-cures / this evening

Lonely and restless, as I have been lately —
My instincts surprised me and said, find a yoga class, now,
tonight. It had been more than a year since my last one, but:
a place to be with other humans
without worrying about having
to talk or shake hands, just a place to be (sweat
and breathe) with other humans, it sounded,
and was, just right. Nights like this are why
I trust myself these days, knowing I am no poison
I am my own cure, this heart that
knows what I need and will say,
go to yoga
come back to your body, do what is
familiar and dripping with sweat
come home to your body
again

6 comments:

  1. That line break between (sweat / and breathe) is just brilliant. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "knowing I am no poison
    I am my own cure, this heart that
    knows what I need and will say,
    go to yoga
    come back to your body, do what is
    familiar and dripping with sweat
    come home to your body
    again"

    inspiring, babe. almost makes me want to do yoga again (since I haven't since my relapsey obsession with bikram, so, you know...)

    I think dancing again will be good for me, though, and maybe even better suited/more of a passion of mine than yoga (which I still think I feel a bit competitive about, eh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather - Thank you so mcuh.

    Gabi - <3

    sui - I get a good feeling thinking about you taking adult dance classes. Tell me how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Keep on writing, Holly. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odessa - Thanks so much, Odessa. <3 There's been little poetry for some time now, so the encouragement and the feeling of a new poem are both quite welcome.

    ReplyDelete