Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sixteen candles of randomness

Tagged by Cassandra

Directions: Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with 16 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 10 (cuileann says, Too many) people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave them a comment ("you're it"). You can't tag the person who tagged you.

1. Ever since I accidentally threw my phone off my (lofted) bed last semester when the alarm went off one morning, it's made a funny creaking, cracking sound whenever I open it.

2. I think I sold my soul for a pair of sunglasses on Sunday.

3. However, I am planning on returning them. And hopefully regaining my soul.

4. I like to send unusual/old postcards from places I have never been to.

5. In regards to the capitalization of the "C" in my nom du internet, I am presently in a state of great uncertainty.

6. I have made six kinds of cupcakes in the past three and a half weeks.

7. The music from Audrey Hepburn's Sabrina gets very, very stuck in my head. I can loop "La Vie en Rose" and "Isn't It Romantic?" through my humming playlist for days.

8. Mock-shopping (making fun of clothes instead of buying them) is pretty much the only reason I set foot in new, chain clothing stores.

9. I recently learned that not only are there such things as techno remixes of Beach Boys songs, there are enough of them to play nonstop for an entire aerobics class.

10. I am going to be in Laguna Beach from this Saturday to the next. Any of y'all in the area?

11. I like using regional speechisms from places I've never been to, let alone originated from.

12. I think Norah Jones's "Rosie's Lullaby" is about suicide.

13. The Bath & Body Works cotton blossom scent makes me incredibly nostalgic for Germany.

14. My grammatical mistakes haunt me for years.

15. I've regrettably never seen any Brat Pack movies.

16. I think copy-editing is one of my callings in life.

cuileann opts out of the tagging.

5 comments:

  1. As to the Beach Boys, I was astounded to learn that not all their music is surf stuff, when I got the soundtrack to Almost Famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lol(ed) about the sunglasses. i sold my soul buying a dress from anthropologie yesterday too! it was on sale, mind you. i'm returning it tommorrow. ;)

    laguna beach, how fun! i lived in soCal for 3 years and the warm weather is definitely something that i miss. enjoy your va-cay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, that line was so sweet! Definately a swoonable moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, yay, you did it after all. =)

    2. I hope they were awesome sunglasses... >.>

    4. Sounds like fun! =D

    5. Hope everything's okay...

    8. Love doing that. My friends and I find the most outrageous things, try them on, and take stupid pictures.

    15. Don't worry about it, I only just watched The Breakfast Club for the first time a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY, SL? Wow, I gots to listen to that then. I had no idea there was any variety in their repertoire.

    Heheh...glad to know I'm not the only one who does that, Odessa.

    They were pretty cool sunglasses, Cassandra, but also rather conformist, and they didn't really suit my face....Prolly if they'd looked better on me and weren't the sunglasses right now, I'd have been happy to let the merchant keep my soul. *furtive*

    ReplyDelete