Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I-5

August, southeastern Massachusetts: we ate peaches. I want to say that juice dripped off my knuckles, that they were pale and the sweetest peaches I've ever had, but I don't know if that's true. What I remember is they came in a paper bag, and their fuzz when we bit into them was a funny texture from just being rinsed under the tap. That's all.

There is also the matter of how in California, the wild grass is green in winter and yellow in summer. Did I tell you that?

Back to knuckles. You know how you count the months on your knuckles to remember which ones are shorter? I count cities that way today, on each knuckle a name: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, Provo, D.C., Columbus, Chicago, Denver, San Diego, Minneapolis.

I'm wishing for my fall semester 2007 journal, which has one haiku in December that I am wanting to rewrite all of a sudden. I take pictures through the windows, through the glare, but the hills never come out looking like they do.

2 comments:

  1. How do you count months on your knuckles? And why those cities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q - Well I told you about the months. As for cities - places where I know cool people.

    ReplyDelete